Here in Perth and Kinross, there was an overwhelming 60% to 40% vote in favour of being part of the UK. Nationalism was not supported by the majority of Scots.
A whole raft of new powers are coming to Scotland, so we can shape our own future but still have the benefits of being part of the larger UK family.
Forward Together is a group which wants to bring our community back together. It’s about being for Scotland and its people. We want to:
- heal the divisions caused by the campaign for Scottish independence.
- build a stronger Scotland which is a leader within the UK.
- promote the UK as a country which shares risks and resources to create opportunities and fairness for all its citizens, no matter where they live.
- celebrate the union as a force which brings people together and strengthens the ties which bind us in contrast to nationalism which divides and weakens us all.
To find out more, email us at email@example.com
● In a world where nationalists are working to divide people, we want to bring them together.
● The SNP does not believe in Westminster, so when the election comes let’s choose people who do – people who are positive and truly want to be there representing us and our families.
● A huge benefit of being part of the UK is that we share in a large, broad economy which keeps our incomes, benefits and public services safer.
● Decisions about healthcare are made in Scotland but the taxes to fund our NHS come from citizens all over the UK – being in the UK is good for our health.
● As Scots in the UK, we can work, study and do business in a big, successful country – let’s carry on bringing barriers down, not creating new ones.